Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: A Charlie Brown Christmas

A Charlie Brown Christmas is the popular 1965 Peanuts special following Charles Schultz's creations.

I haven't seen this for years. That said, upon re-watching the Vince Guaraldi music is probably the best part of this entire special, followed by Snoopy's antics.

Charlie Brown's portrayal is so depressing that I'm not sure I'd ever want to show this to my kids. What's worse is Charlie is complaining about the commercialization of Christmas and then within 30 seconds we're barraged with commercials for, guess what? Christmas sales!

The special doesn't really get good until it's over half over until Linus tells everyone "what Christmas is all about." Well, I bet I could find a youtube clip of just that part.

No comments: