Tuesday, October 27, 2009

31 days of Halloween: William Castle Appreciation

Well I finally made it back to the Washington Psychotronic Film Society (I hadn't been there since they moved to The Warehouse). And boy, aside from having to switch trains a few times, it was a blast!

The theme of the night was in honor of William Castle, a schlocky director who would use marketing ploys and cheap thrills to get people to see his movies (I reviewed House on Haunted Hill, one of his films earlier in the month). The movie that was selected was "13 Frightened Girls!" which, well wasn't very frightening - marginally entertaining in an odd sort of way, a kind of Nancy Drew international mystery - but with more death and the crazy doctor from The Manchurian Candidate.

I feel like I'm skimping tonight, but I'm cold and wet from the rain outside and I just can't get myself to write anything more related to horror.

Watch the trailer, if you dare (it basically gives away most of the movie).


Check out more information:

No comments: