Tuesday, March 09, 2010

82nd Academy Awards

I watched a lot more of it than I had originally expected I would. Overall pretty tame, nothing spectacular, most winners were suspected to win so there were few upsets.

I saw my standard 20% of the Best Picture nominees before the ceremony, Inglourious Basterds and District 9. The only films that I saw that actually won an award was Inglourious Basterds and Star Trek. I guess that means that fu*king annoying little midget creature will probably make it to the next Trek movie. Great.

The interpretive dancing segment was, as usual was my least favorite part of the entire performance.

The best part of the program, and the one that forced me to look and say to my Father, who I was watching it with, "What the heck is going on?" was when Elinor Burkett, looking crazy, stormed on stage, cut off the director who was in mid-sentence, and blabbered on about nothing. Larry David wouldn't have been able to make heads or tails of what was going on and Seinfeld is too busy with that stupid staged marriage show but I digress. From my understanding, there should be one and only one person who speaks (which is why throughout the night the mic was cut whenever the first person finished). Looking into the story behind what happened is pretty clear cut. Roger Ross Williams should have given that speech and Burkett should have kept her trap shut.

The Hurt Locker won the big prize. I'm going to try to see this by the weekend at the American Film Institute Silver theater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!